I love the sound of chalk on a chalkboard (I’m a nerd and actually loved going to school). I also love the idea of using them for decorating purposes. Functional AND beautiful for kitchens, bedrooms, dining rooms, and office spaces.
My happy place in pictures.
Freedom – noun
1. the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: He won his freedom after a retrial.
2. exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
3. the power to determine action without restraint.
4. political or national independence.
5. personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery: a slave who bought his freedom.
- You’re stronger than you think you are.
- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal.
- Perception is reality.
- Your instincts can be trusted.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- Do what you love, not what you think you’re supposed to do.
- Laughter is the best medicine for stress. Laugh at yourself often.
- If you want to feel rich, just count all the great things you have that money can’t buy.
- Forgiving yourself is far more important than getting others to forgive you.
- For the most part, it doesn’t matter what people think. Follow your own truth.
- No education is wasted. Drink in as many new experiences as you can.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- Give up worrying about what others think of you.
- You have to accept that some things will never be yours, and learn to appreciate the things that are only yours.
- Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to lose.
- Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of good luck.
- If you are passionate about something, pursue it, no matter what anyone else thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
- If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.
- If it were easy everyone would do it.
- Be vulnerable.
- Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
- A problem is a chance for you to learn.
- Regardless of the situation, life goes on.
These were a few taken from 50 Lessons I Wish I Had Learned Earlier.
Green — adj:
1. of the color green
2. concerned with or relating to conservation of the world’s natural resources and improvement of the environment: green policies ; the green consumer
3. vigorous; not faded: a green old age
4. envious or jealous
5. immature, unsophisticated, or gullible
6. fresh, raw, or unripe: green bananas
“It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.” – Oscar Wilde
A little summer reading…
and some of my favorites…